Paxton's Local Academy Committee is made up of Trustees of the Wandle Learning Trust, local members of the community and parents. Their role is to work in partnership with the school's Leadership Team to set a strategic vision which raises attainment across all aspects of school life.
The Local Academy Committee members represents all areas of the school community, including parents.
The members of the LAC have been selected for their specific skills and experience related to the needs of Paxton. To meet them please click here.
Working closely together, with the Board of Trustees and the Local Academy Committee has three core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the academy and its pupils
- Overseeing the financial performance of the academy and making sure its money is well spent
The LAC, acts as the governing board, and takes on normal responsibilities such as:
- Securing good leadership and management at every level
- Working with the leadership to improve teaching and learning for all children
- Improving financial management within the school
- Improving building and facilities
- Prioritising marketing and recruitment to raise pupil numbers