At Paxton Academy Sports and Science we are committed to ensuring equality of education and opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers receiving services from the school, irrespective of race, gender, disability, faith or religion or socio-economic background. We aim to develop a culture of inclusion and diversity in which all those connected to the school feel proud of their identity and able to participate fully in school life.
The achievement of pupils will be monitored by race, gender and disability and we will use this data to support pupils, raise standards and ensure inclusive teaching. We will tackle discrimination by the positive promotion of equality, challenging bullying and stereotypes and creating an environment which champions respect for all. At Paxton Academy, we believe that diversity is a strength, which should be respected and celebrated by all those who learn, teach and visit here.
Equality Target 2019-2021
To ensure all pupils within the school have the support they need to access the curriculum and thrive.
This year, we will support this target through:
- Ensuring the school site is accessible to all pupils (see Accessibility Plan)
- Ensuring all pupils are provided with same curriculum enrichment, such as educational visits and workshops
- Providing a rich, varied, broad and balanced curriculum which aims to educate all about Equality
- Providing discrete teaching of Equality issues throughout the curriculum which has been designed by the school to meet the individual needs of our pupils
- Responding to incidents of bullying (which includes homophobic and transphobic bullying) in a consistent manner and adapting the curriculum according to the incidents that arise (see behaviour and anti-bullying plan)
- Talking to our pupils and their parents and carers
- Regular reviews of attainment and progress through pupil progress meetings and moderation
- High quality teaching and carefully targeted interventions for specific pupils.
Progress towards meeting the Equality Target will be reviewed at the end of the academic year and results will be published.